How many times have you let yourself down because of your own thoughts?!
Because someone or something told you something that you let it get to your head! You don’t have to trust me, but your mind is a very powerful thing and if you start thinking at something (negative or positive) it WILL happen! I felt it myself in the past few years. I started thinking that I want THAT. Well, the next thing I know is that I put so much effort into having what I wanted that in the end I had it! Couldn’t believe it, it started with a try. Let’s see if it works….
Little did I know that is so powerful. Of course, I had to work for it, not to wait to fall from the sky… and I would do it again. Obviously this time I would know some shortcuts and have a sharp mind.
10 Things You Need To Let Go To Become Happier
1. Negative thoughts – This is head of the line! You really have to see full half of the glass. So what a car splashed you with water while you were trying to go across the street? So what today you didn’t do what you had planned? As long as you have will, you will accomplish everything you want!
2. The approval of others – Who gives a sh*t about what everyone thinks? People will always critique and have something negative to say. Don’t stop to listen! Let them talk while you conquer every one of your dreams. Nothing is impossible!
3. Excuses – No more: “I don’t have time”! Pllleease, we heard that so many time, we even started to believe it ourselves. If you truly want something, you will make time. Everytime! If you are 100% sure it will make you happy, then stop trying to find excuses!
4. Overthinking – I’m guilty of that too. I over think everything.. well, almost everything! Before I started this blog, I tried to learn everything I could about how to buy a domain, hosting, how to monetize it (I’m not doing that at the moment), how to work with WordPress (because honey there is a lot in the begging that intimidated me), everything possible connected with blogging. I had (and still have) little money to invest in it, but I decided to do it. So far I love every second thinking of new blog posts, writing, taking pictures and interacting with you guys! DO IT! Live in the moment.
5. Stubbornness – Oh my Gooooood! I hate it so much when I’m not right. And I’m sure some of you are the same. Well, we need to stop that, because it will only slow us down from achieving our dreams!
6. The idea that everything will come on its own – Yeeah.. a lot of people don’t do anything to accomplish their dreams, because they think “well, let’s see where life takes me”. No, no, no! Stop that! Nothing will come if you don’t work fo your dreams!
7. Perfect life & Partner – Yeah right! There is no such thing as perfect life and partner, no one is perfect. But you have to work with what you have. Sure in your eyes must be way more good and close to “perfect”, but it will touch your nerves sometime and you’ll want to let him/her sleep with the dog on the rug. The situation (financial, personal, you name it) YOU create it! You are not happy with your job?! Be intelligent, start looking in advance for job vacancies in you favorite domain and prepare your leaving from the current job. You don’t want to depend on a boss anymore?! Start creating your own business. Ask for a loan, do something! So you will thank yourself tomorrow!
8. Negative image about yourself – You are not guilty for everything! Sometimes, things weren’t supposed to be in a certain way. You are already doing your best.
9. Blaming on others – The reverse of the one above. You have to take the responsibility from time to time. I know, it’s hard to admit when you got it wrong, but it’s also not fair blaming on someone who didn’t do it.
10. Living in the past – Stop thinking about it, you’re not going that way! Let the past, in the past! That’s where it belongs, it’s there for a reason. Learn from your mistakes and do your best to create a better future. But don’t bring up the past anymore, it will only slow you down.
Life can either be something you embrace or something you hide from. Everyone has the right to be happy so, stop making things complicated and just live your life. Much, much easier!